The New Jersey School Public Relations Association’s Communicator of the Year award recognizes school communications professionals who have demonstrated exemplary leadership and commitment to enhanced communication and relationship-building between public schools and the stakeholders they serve. The award honors those who recognize that communication is a critical component of leadership. Nominees must be current members of NJSPRA in good standing.
Nominations must be submitted on or before March 1, 2020. The award winner will be announced at the Annual Meeting in May.
- Demonstrates the use of effective public relations strategies aimed at supporting public education.
- Has been recognized as an advocate for public education and has earned a reputation as being highly credible with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrates experience and involvement in communicating with diverse audiences.
- Implements communication strategies that demonstrate strategic thinking, which contributes to the betterment of public education.
- Demonstrates effective personal communication with a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates ethics and professionalism in communication.
- Has served as a role model for communicators and non-communicators alike, and as someone whose communication skills and messages have impacted the lives of others.
Nominations for the Communicator of the Year Award may be made by anyone. An individual may submit more than one nomination; however each nomination must include its own, individual set of nomination materials and nomination form.
To nominate someone:
- Submit application using the Official Nomination Form as the cover sheet.
- Include a narrative, no longer than 800 words, outlining how the person or organization has met the award’s criteria.
- The submission may also include up to 10 pages of supporting documentation including, but not limited to, data demonstrating the nominee’s effectiveness in meeting the award criteria, samples of the nominee’s communications work, measures of effectiveness and letters of support.
- Each nomination should be sent to NJSPRA at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 1, 2020. Include "2020 COTY" in the subject line. There is no fee to nominate for the NJSPRA Communicator of the Year.